Monday, September 5, 2011

Picking

Rumor has it that members of the Bluegrass Ward go apple picking on Labor Day. We are new here. We want to fit in. So we went apple picking on Labor Day.


But apparently, many people don't go when it's pouring rain. Even if they offer buy one bushel get one bushel free.

We tried not to be scared of the rain and we went anyway.
It was soaky wet.



We collected two large bags. One bag of jonagold. One bag of gala. We ate a couple along the way. Don't tell.
The gala apples were actually bursting because they were soaking up so much rain water. That is amazing to me. I tried to watch a carrot burst by soaking it in a cup of water once.


 Josie soaked in some water too. 


We have a lot of apples. I have plans to make apple sauce and dehydrated apples, both with heaps of cinnamon included. If you have any tasty recipes, send them our way.

2 comments:

  1. How fun. Makes me want to go find some apples right now!!! Yummy. And the picture of Josie in the stroller is the best picture ever.

    You are one cool mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Heather, I agree I agree I agree!!! I made some yummy chunky applesauce with lots of cinnamon last year-one of my dad's favorites. Learned a few things I can share with you but you'll have to give me a call so I can talk to you cute girls!! and our apple trees are loaded so you can pick some more when you come. Can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete