Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beginning

Well, it started. Dental school has officially begun. Here he is.
Scrubs, name tag, and pager. (What? A pager? Who uses pagers anymore? I'd like to hear about one other person in this world who uses a pager!) All these things make a dental student. 
Well, I guess the scrubs are optional. But we'll save talking about scrubs for another day. I'm working on a poem about them. 

I thought for sure I would be kind of sad to send Grant off to school. I like to spend time with him. I didn't want all our play dates to end. But I'm actually not sad at all. 
Grant has worked SUPER hard to be where he is today. From undergraduate courses, dental observations, lab work, DAT studying, and applying, he has been working toward this goal for almost seven years! He deserves every bit of this. 

We would not be here if it weren't for our really awesome families. You are the best cheerleaders. Really. I can feel love and support like crazy! I can't really even describe it. But there is love in Kentucky. And I think most of it is coming all the way from Utah. Love is powerful stuff. 

Sure, I am going to miss our play dates. And so will Josie. But it only takes 20 minutes to walk to the dental school. We can visit for lunch. I love a good picnic. And so far, I love dental school. 
Mmmmm. Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment