Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reading

I found this little gem while thrifting a few weeks ago. 

It's a tiny little desk made for a tiny little person. The tiny little person in our family fell in love with it while we were still in the store. 



I found her reading a little Shel Silverstein the other day. 
 I need to put some sort of little ledge along the bottom. Books fall off when she tries to turn the page.
 All this independent reading inspired me to work on a little alphabet set for the little one.
I followed a (free)pattern on Chez Beeper Bebe.
I used fabric scraps from my fabric collection. I think it turned out quite lovely. And it's quite thrilling to  see the beautiful patterns used in some of my favorite words. 


I just finished the set tonight. The letters are waiting patiently on the fridge.
I am anxious for Josie to discover them tomorrow morning.




4 comments:

  1. What a fun project! I absolutely love that desk, too. Ella would just die over it! I expect her to give us a reading from Shel Silverstein in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a poetry recitation is in order. Let's do it! Cutest little letters. I'm already thinking of all the notes I'll leave for you in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, she was reading the book you gave me! But really, she was just looking at it. She can't sctually read yet. I kind of lied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Josie LOVED the letters! Can she spell 'Shel'?

    ReplyDelete