Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Picking

Pumpkin.
A favorite word of mine. Not punkin. But pumpkin. 
Pure pumpkin.
Or spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Or mixed with ice cream.

I like pumpkin in any form.
Even pumpkins lined up perfectly ready to be picked. 

Mimi invited everyone to the sweetest pumpkin patch.

It is owned by a little family in Riverton. Their son started the little business several years ago. He wanted to buy bagpipes. So he grew some pumpkins. And he made a bunch of money. And now they have a booming business during the month of October. 




 It was the warmest pumpkin picking day ever. Blue skies for miles.
 See that lil' bracelet on Josie's arm? Mimi made that for her. And one of the beads has a spider on it. And she loves it. She calls it a sijoo. Or something like that.
 

We were joined by a lot of fun people. But the camera/ipod was dying. So only the first few friends there got their pictures taken.
I didn't even buy one pumpkin. There was no room in my carry on. 
I guess we'll just have to go pumpkin picking again. 
Shucks. :) 

1 comment:

  1. This was such a FUN day!! I have my PUMPkins on my porch to help me remember it. Jos-I'm glad you like your 'sijoo'. You're SO brave!

    ReplyDelete